You don’t have to look far into the field of internal communications to come across Mike Klein. With 20 plus years of combined in-house and consultancy experience, a knack for research and a background as a political consultant, Mike is one of the most forward thinking IC pros today.
Over the years, Mike has practiced IC in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Great Britain and the US. He’s authored "From Lincoln to LinkedIn, the 55 Minute Guide to Social Communication," a manual for mobilizing peer-to-peer communication in communities and organisations, and he’s also the owner of "Changing The Terms", one of Europe's top PR and Communication blogs according to Communication Director Magazine.
Needless to say, I jumped on the opportunity to meet Mike for a chat during my last visit to Amsterdam.
Among other things, we covered:
- Measuring the ROI of comms.
- The differences Mike has picked up from practicing IC in 5 different countries.
- The role of Enterprise search as a source of information.
- How to identify and engage key organisational influencers.
- What Mike has learned about comms from his visits to Iceland.
- How organisations can bring employees together earlier in an M&A scenario.
- What makes a great business partner for IC.
- The value of strategic services for IC teams.
If you’re deep in the world of internal communications, this one is for you. Grab a coffee and enjoy this in-depth 30-min conversation with the one and only, Mike Klein.
Listen below! 🔊
or watch it on Youtube!
Make sure you subscribe on your preferred listening service so you never miss an episode of #TheCommsShift podcast.
🤳Also, please let us know what you think by tweeting at us @BeSmarp.
Hope you enjoy the show!
Interested in learning more about internal communications?
Check out the newly released "Skillset Map of a Modern IC Department", designed based on materials from G2, The Institute of Internal Communication, the book on Successful Employee Communications by Sue Dewhurst & Liam Fitzpatrick and 7 in-house IC professionals.