A few weeks ago, we had the pleasure of welcoming Sue Dewhurst, Internal Comms specialist, trainer and author, to our offices for a masterclass on internal communications.
Our Head of Marketing, Bruno Bin, came across Sue’s new book ‘Successful Employee Communications: A Practitioner's Guide to Tools, Models and Best Practice for Internal Communication’ and within a week (and a short holiday in between 😅), Sue was at our office sharing insights not only from her book but also from her career in comms with all of our teams. ✈️
We had been talking about starting a podcast for a long time and this honestly felt like the perfect opportunity to finally get it off the ground. We just couldn’t pass on it!
So here it is. 🥁
The first episode of The Comms Shift Podcast: The Golden Age of Internal Communications, with Sue Dewhurst.
In this episode, we look at:
- Sue’s decision to move from in-house to trainer and author.
- The role of technology in employee communications.
- Tips to help communicators become strategic business partners.
- A real world example of IC focusing on outcomes VS outputs.
- IC 25 years ago: The lickers and stickers.
- The idea of line of sight in comms.
- How to share bad news.
- Inspiring a culture change within the CEO.
Listen below! 🔊
or watch on Youtube!
Make sure you subscribe on your preferred listening service so you never miss an episode of #TheCommsShift podcast.
🤳Also, please let us know what you think by tweeting at us @BeSmarp.
Hope you enjoy the show!
- Successful Employee Communications: A Practitioner's Guide to Tools, Models and Best Practice for Internal Communication
- Follow Sue on LinkedIn