We recently travelled to Amsterdam to catch up with Hunkemöller’s, Global Internal Communications Manager, Evelien Post. 🇳🇱
Hunkemöller is a leading women’s bodywear retailer from The Netherlands founded in 1886. Today, it is a well recognized omni-channel brand with more than 8,000 employees spread across over 21 countries and 900 stores.
Evelien was kind enough to welcome us at their offices in Hilversum (listen to the podcast as I completely bomb the intro thinking I’m still in Amsterdam 😳) and share a bit more about her career, recent move to Hunkemöller as well as why she sees IC as the spider on the web.
During this 15-min episode, we cover:
- The 2 main IC goals at Hunkemöller.
- IC measurements (hard and soft metrics).
- Hunkemöller’s executive team involvement in IC’s initiatives.
- Working on the brand event, streamed live annually to 6M+ viewers.
- How her marketing background translates to her current IC role.
- Company culture at Hunkemöller.
- The complexities around effectively reaching different employee segments.
- Hunkemöller’s best internship in retail program.
- Evelien’s top advice for IC professionals looking to advance their careers.
Listen below! 🔊
or watch it on Youtube!
Make sure you subscribe on your preferred listening service so you never miss an episode of #TheCommsShift podcast.
🤳Also, please let us know what you think by tweeting at us @BeSmarp.
Hope you enjoy the show!
Interested in learning more about internal communication?
Check out the newly released "Skillset Map of a Modern IC Department", designed based on materials from G2, The Institute of Internal Communication, the book on Successful Employee Communications by Sue Dewhurst & Liam Fitzpatrick and 7 in-house IC professionals.