The key to any successful social selling strategy is how you interact with your leads on social media. Social selling is defined as the use of social media to directly engage with prospects. Direct engagement should be providing highly relevant content to prospects and answering their questions.
Customer delight is social selling's entire goal, so skip interruption marketing and go straight to something that's valuable for your customers! Done right, social selling will have a huge, positive effect on your conversions and sales. Let’s look at how scaling your social selling helps achieve this.
Educate Your Employees
Your employees are your best resource! By training them on how to harness social media to helpfully interact with your customers, you’re really getting more bang for your buck with social selling.
Explain to your employees how important social selling is to your business strategy, such as the reality that 64% of sales teams using social selling actually meet their quotas. Once they understand this, they’ll see the need to perfect their social-selling skills.
Then, provide them with training so they know how to do it right. Hold workshops or formal training for all of your employees.
Related: 3 Savvy Ways to Level Up Your Social Selling with Content
Encourage Collaboration and Provide Support
Make sure that you align your teams when it comes to your social selling strategy. Ensure that your marketing team, for instance, is on the same page as your sales team. Only when all of your teams are working to enforce the same brand message and style on social media will you see good results.
Help your teams succeed. You’ve already trained your employees, so the next step is providing assistance when necessary. For example, equip your sales team with all the necessary info it needs to understand your product or service and any related and expected customer concerns that’ll be brought up on social media!
Invest in Your Content
You’ve heard the saying that content is king. To generate the interest where your prospects will follow you on social media and give you opportunities to interact with them…you have to pump out high-quality content to become a thought leader in your industry.
This is why social media curation is vital. Ideally, follow the 80/20 rule: 80% of the content you share on social media should not be promotional, but, rather, be helpful and relevant content to people in your industry. The remaining 20% can be promotional — if you have a new product or ebook, etc. — but the majority of content should be helpful to others, first and foremost.
Use the Right Tool
All the training in the world for your employees isn’t going to help very much if you don’t also provide them with the right tools to make it super-efficient to share your spectacular content.
To that point, social selling is made easier when they have access to tools like Smarp’s Employee Advocacy tool, which provides them with readily selected and relevant content that’s ready to share across their own social networks.
Harnessing your employees’ social networks — including their professional contacts, friends and family — gives your brand immediate exposure to a large audience that already sees your employees as a trusted source.
Focus on Your Strengths
Here’s how you can take your social selling strategy to the next level: Simply focus on what’s been working for you in terms of content sharing and what’s been producing the best results for your brand on social.
For instance, if you discover from monitoring that content with images and attentive responses to customer inquiries works best in the late morning, then continue doing that! When you reinforce your successful efforts, you’ll generate even better results.
Social Selling That Gets Results
Social selling is an art and science. To have a successful social selling strategy, you have to engage with your customers on social media in a thoughtful, relevant and direct way that tells them how helpful and awesome your brand is.
Your employees are the cornerstone of this strategy! Train them well and clearly explain to them how vital this social selling strategy is for your brand and their own careers, and you’ll have an entire team of social sellers who will engage with customers and also spread your brand to their own social networks.