For this episode of The Comms Shift podcast, I’m delighted to welcome one of the most renowned communications experts in the world, Brad Whitworth.
Brad is a Silicon Valley thought leader in communications, a past IABC International Chairman, an IABC Fellow, and an author of the IABC Handbook of Organizational Communication. In his 40 years in communications, Brad has led internal and external communication programs at Hewlett-Packard, Cisco, Oracle and Hitachi. His pioneering research while at HP quantitatively proved the link between managerial communication and job performance.
Brad has collaborated with Smarp on different projects such as thought leadership articles and the quarterly Great Comms Debate. When the opportunity to have a longer in-depth one-on-one conversation with him arose, needless to say, I was all in.
In this episode, Brad and I talk about the importance of internal communication today and into the future, including topics such as:
- What to do in your first 3 months at a new internal communications role.
- As a CEO, what would you have IC report to you and why?
- Brad’s approach to crisis communications from planning to execution.
- How to get the CIO to understand the importance of comms infrastructure in making business continuity plans a reality.
- An overview of professional development and certifications available for IC professionals who want to stand out in the marketplace.
I learned a lot from this conversation and hope you’ll get valuable insights too. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy this 30-min chat with Brad Whitworth.
Listen below! 🔊
Make sure you subscribe on your preferred listening service so you never miss an episode of #TheCommsShift podcast.
🤳Also, please let us know what you think by tweeting at us @BeSmarp.
Hope you enjoy the show!
Interested in learning more about employee communications?
Download the eBook “10 Principles of Modern Employee Communications” where we share tips & best practices for successfully communicating with your employees in today's digital age.