A few weeks back, we travelled to Amsterdam to meet up with Caroline Tjan, Head of Global Internal Communications at Nouryon. ✈️
Nouryon is a young company with a long heritage that goes back 400 years. When it split from AkzoNobel one year ago the majority of employees had already worked there for many years. Today 10,000+ employees work at Nouryon in over 80 countries worldwide. Needless to say, that sets us up for an interesting internal communications conversation.
Caroline was kind enough to welcome us at their HQ to discuss:
- How to keep employees aligned, engaged and focused on the future throughout a business transformation.
- Her approach to communicating with a global workforce that’s 80% remote.
- The impact of technology on IC and why we shouldn’t forget offline channels.
- The importance of listening to what your colleagues expect.
- Main skills needed in IC today.
- Taking an advisory role not only within senior management but also with the departments around IC.
- Caroline’s career shift 10 years ago from marketing to corporate comms and her one career advice to aspiring IC pros.
Listen below! 🔊
Make sure you subscribe on your preferred listening service so you never miss an episode of #TheCommsShift podcast.
🤳Also, please let us know what you think by tweeting at us @BeSmarp.
Hope you enjoy the show!
Interested in learning more about internal communication? Download our free eBook "Building a Better Company with Internal Communications" where we share tips and best practices for taking your IC strategy to the next level!