If you've ever been searching for someone knowledgeable about internal communications technology, you've more than likely come across Shel Holtz.
Which is why, as an internal comms technology geek, I couldn't resist inviting him to join us for this episode of The Comms Shift Podcast 🤓
Shel Holtz is Director of Internal Communications at Webcor, a California commercial general contractor and builder headquartered in San Francisco. Before joining Webcor in 2017, Shel spent 21 years as an independent consultant, helping companies adopt new technologies into their communication efforts and improve their employee communications.
Shel has written six communication-themed books and countless articles and blog posts. His blog series on A New Model For Employee Communication, which is the topic for this episode of The Comms Shift, is three years in the making. Additionally, he and his co-host launched the first and longest-running communication podcast in 2005. He is a Fellow of the International Association of Business Communicators, a Senior Fellow of the Conference Board Marketing and Communication Center, and a Platinum Fellow of the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network.
For this episode, Shel and I got together to discuss his New Model for Employee Communication.
During the chat, we cover areas such as:
- The definition of employee communication.
- A model and framework to aid comms professionals in defining their communications programs that includes:
- The direction in which true employee communication flows.
- The content and information that employee communications should be delivering.
- The work that goes into delivering employee communications.
- What communicators should be focusing their efforts on.
- The inputs into successful employee communications strategies.
- Measuring the impact of communications across the organization.
- As well as first steps to take in order to deliver world-class employee communications.
From communications delivery to measurement, we cover it all in this episode. So sit back and enjoy episode 10 of The Comms Shift with Shel Holtz.
Listen below! 🔊
Make sure you subscribe on your preferred listening service so you never miss an episode of #TheCommsShift podcast.
🤳Also, please let us know what you think by tweeting at us @BeSmarp.
Hope you enjoy the show!
Interested in learning more about employee communications?
Download the eBook “10 Principles of Modern Employee Communications” where we share tips & best practices for successfully communicating with your employees in today's digital age.